11.03.2010

So I was in Paris, on a bus, in the rain.....


Almost exactly two years ago I found out that one of my good friends was going on a business trip to Paris.  I couldn't believe what a fabulous opportunity this was and immediately started daydreaming  (or scheming )about how I could go.  I called and asked if she would let me share her hotel room if I could figure out my airfare.  She agreed and I got to work.  I don't know if all the planets aligned or what - but I was able to fly to Paris using 25K air miles each way!  There was some kind of deal going on for the month of November, I couldn't believe it! I mean I can't even fly to LA for 25K miles each way - this was a miracle!  So with the strong encouragment of my husband and went.  While my friend worked and attended conference meetings, I wandered the city, toured buildings, cafes and museums and took pictures.  It was soooo much fun!

The story behind this image is that I was bound and determined to see as much of Paris as I could.  This could get tricky in the evenings because, for the most part I was on my own -so I jumped on a double-decker tour bus.  When I saw this building the bus was at a stop light - I held my camera as steadily as I could and clicked.  Paris on a November evening....

This image was awarded first place  (My first ever) at the Seattle Professional Photographer Association November meeting.

No comments: