8.19.2007


Backpacking to Mirror Lake

My brother, Martin, was nice enough to let Linda and I join him on his backpacking trip with my nephew, Nick. I had been looking for a little trip that Linda and I could go on together and this turned out to be perfect! I highly recommend this hike for first time backpackers! It was only a little over a mile to hike in and we were rewarded with beautiful site right next to the lake to set up our camp!
I really was impressed with the fact that Linda and I were able to set up our tent and cook our own dinner! However if you asked Linda what her favorite part was - she would tell you "Wild blueberry picking!" She had so much fun picking these wild berries and they made for a great dessert!
Before we headed out on the hike we needed to enjoy some time in the river!

We took a "pratice" portrait of Martin's family in preparation of our photo session in a couple of weeks. I think this picture turned out pretty good too!

1 comment:

Shellie said...

Oh, I LOVE that picture of Linda by the lake... I really enjoyed checking out your blog!! I'm so glad that you emailed me about it! Give you family lots of love from Philip and I!